Nourishing Your Spirit: Cancer Support
Have you been diagnosed with cancer? Welcome to a place of comfort and hope.
Copyright © 2011 Barbara Pearson
Coping with Serious Illness
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord..."plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11
Barb: When I was diagnosed with cancer, I was terrified, overwhelmed, and stressed out. Here are some things that helped me cope. I hope you find something here that will bring you comfort.
1. Keep a journal of your good days.
2. Take a break from your illness. Choose specific times (like during dinner) when your illness will not be discussed.
3. Surround yourself with positive people.
4. Listen to spiritually uplifting music.
5. Take one day at a time.
6. Find opportunities to volunteer.
7. Join a small faith group.
Click here for more information on coping with cancer.
Stories of Hope
We'd like to say thank you to the courageous women below who have offered to share their stories with us. Each of these women is a survivor of 12+ years. (More stories coming soon!)
Cancer Forum: Share Your Story of Hope!
You are not alone in your journey to wellness. The women on this forum are here to uplift and encourage you. Please share your story of hope with us!
Share Your Story of Hope